onsdag 21 januari 2009

No I don't want you to tell me where to go, Mister!

OMG! I think it's time to go home now. Starting to get annoyed of all these men (never women) that tells you where to go, what you can do and, most importantly, what you can't do. They approach you in the street and start by telling you what is not possible. If I go out at 9 in the morning just to have a walk before it gets to humid and hot (first really humid day today) they approach me and tell me that I am too early, no shops open, Madame. What do I want to do, eat, shop? No, get lost! I just want to have a walk. Many times have I said between clenched teeth that

- Skit i det du gubbjeavel! (Translated something like never fucking mind, you old fart.)

When I arrived here two weeks ago I wanted to visit the National Gallery and was approached by one of those knowall men in the street who told me that that was not possible. Not open until 1 o'clock pm. Later, checking my Lonely Planet, it opens at 10 like most things here. I have still not seen the museum.

This morning I was going to an internet cafe for a coffee (the first in two weeks, my stomach isn't very keen on coffee any longer so I have been on detox...) and some internet. And who approaches me outside the cafe if not one of those busybodies telling me it is closed. No, it isn't I said. (MKB next door opens at 10, this cafe at 9.)

However, the men of Bangkok is nothing compared to the tuk-tuk drivers of Phnom Penh. They certainly know how to drive you mad...

However, now I'm going shopping shirts for Hubby. God is he going to look good. Robert Plant, eat your heart out! ;)

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Today developed country problem! Annoying Thai males... tsss... DLM

Bloggerskan sa...

Lost in translation there, I don't think it works with that translation of 'dagens i-landsproblem'... ;)