onsdag 9 juli 2008

"America offers freedom"

To those readers of my blog who want to learn more about Mongolian politics this could be a quick glance at what the leader of the Democratic Party thinks about the US.



I do promise to write more about the subject, especially what the US can do for development countries. Admit me to be somewhat wary of Mr Elbegdorjs conclusions in this clip. I strongly doubt that the US and neoliberal (or neo conservative) politics will offer freedom and welfare to the herders of Mongolia. A friend once said, looking at a Ninja Turtle made of sea shells that I bought in France just for a laugh:
- They say that the free market produces welfare. The free
market does not produce welfare, the free market produces this!
She couldn't have been more right. Freedom à la the US is an illusion.

Now though, teh laundry is dry and I got to get back to work. Holiday is over for this time. Some holiday, uh?

Inga kommentarer: